Friday, October 14, 2011

Does Whatever A Spider Can...

NYCC is here and news is making its way onto the... dun dun dun... internet. I could've made a web joke there, but spared you this time. The most interesting tidbit to me as a comic fan born of the nineties is a new Scarlet Spider series which had been teased in Marvel's Point One ad campaign. I'm going to avoid spoiling too much about Amazing Spider-man #671, but seeing the ad, it became fairly obvious who was taking the role of the Scarlet Spider after the events of that issue. I do have to say that I am not a fan of the costume. Take a look:


Interestingly, I did a redesign for Project: Rooftop's Spider-man redesign contest. In my design I played with the black mask and red eyes, but here I think the eyes take up too much of the mask. The red takes over the costume, which works for SCARLET Spider, but I wish the black didn't end at the collar bone. Hopefully a better view will become available so I can make a little more sense of what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment