Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trailers Galore

So today was a day of trailer awesomeness. Three really caught my eye.

21 Jump Street





I was a little disappointed in the fact that 21 Jump Street was tagged as another in the long line of remakes. The original series was out in late 80's when I was just born. The concept never really clicked with me, but this trailer pokes fun at that and endears me to it. I'm curious about more info and trailers about the movie because this makes it look good.

Project X



It's The Hangover meets Super Bad. With a concept that unites two of the most popular comedies of the past five years. It's also done in a "found footage" style, which I think is interesting and works with the setting.

And a non-movie trailer...

Grand Theft Auto V

Unfortunately I can't embed the video properly, so I will link it to Collider.


From the trailer, you definitely get a Goodfellas feel to the Ray Liotta sound-alike. I have mixed feelings about the setting of Los Santos from San Andreas. LA Noire is still fairly fresh in my mind, and so to see another Los Angeles facsimile is a little disappointing. On the other hand, they do make it look good. It also appears as though the map is going to be expanded to include Vinewood (Hollywood), Las Puerte (Santa Monica), Little Seoul (Korea Town) and Downtown. Time and more trailers will tell, but this looks like another strong entry in the GTA franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment